Digitally Literate Changemakers
Learn to facilitate a student-led design thinking challenge. Rooted in empathetic design, this process leads students through problem-solving from predicting solutions, to testing, to revision, to deployment. Help students develop digital skills and learn how to incorporate open source data to expand the possibilities for inquiry across disciplines at the secondary level.
By the end of this on-demand webinar, you will:
- relate the UN Global Goals (SDGs) to curriculum and integrate them into the classroom;
- develop digital skills while exploring open source resources to expand the possibilities for inquiry;
- connect computational thinking and the related skills, understandings and competencies to hands-on activities;
- discover how programmable devices can be used in meaningful and relevant ways; and
- discuss strategies to facilitate a student-led inquiry.
This course is an on-demand webinar recording. To obtain your completion badge for this course you will have to complete a self-reflection
This course is suitable for educators teaching grade 7 to grade 12.
This course should take you 60 minutes to complete.
Earn Your Badge
You will have to complete a self-reflection to receive your digital badge. This badge can be added to your professional portfolio.
The syllabus page shows a table-oriented view of the course schedule, and the basics of course grading. You can add any other comments, notes, or thoughts you have about the course structure, course policies or anything else.
To add some comments, click the "Edit" link at the top.