Newfoundland and Labrador Grades 1 to 6 Science Curriculum
Nurture and further develop your students’ sense of wonder and curiosity! This course will provide Grade 1-6 educators hands-on, minds-on, curriculum-aligned scientific inquiry; and design and build challenges that integrate science skills and the concepts of literacy and numeracy in meaningful ways. Learn how science, technology, engineering and mathematics (STEM) support the development of children’s skills and competencies. Collaborate with colleagues and engage in meaningful dialogue that supports program planning.
By the end of this course, you will:
- Gain familiarity with Let's Talk Science programs and services.
- Become familiar with the philosophy of discovery-based experiential learning.
- Be exposed to a variety of ways to foster curiosity in their students.
- Have examples of how to incorporate inquiry-based learning in their classrooms.
- Become familiar with the Technological Problem Solving Model (Design Process).
- Have examples of Design and Build activities that engage students in the Technological Problem Solving Model (Design Process).
This course is a self-paced course. To obtain your completion badge for this course you will have to complete a self-reflection.
This course is suitable for educators teaching Grade 1 to Grade 6.
This course should take you 3 hours to complete.
Earn your badge
You will have to complete a self-reflection to receive your digital badge. This badge can be added to your professional portfolio.
Looking for this course in French? Click on this link to be redirected to the French course catalogue.
The syllabus page shows a table-oriented view of the course schedule, and the basics of course grading. You can add any other comments, notes, or thoughts you have about the course structure, course policies or anything else.
To add some comments, click the "Edit" link at the top.